A free, just and democratic society
To nurture democratic culture and principles that strengthen good governance in Kenya and Africa
IED's Strategic Goals:
- To generate evidence-based data that informs democratic practices, governance and electoral processes.
- To enhance civic engagement for participatory democracy.
- To strengthen democratic processes in institutions of governance and representation.
- To influence policy and legislative reforms on democratic governance and electoral processes.
Our Core Values:
In pursuit of its vision and mission, IED has adopted a set of core values that will guide all key decision, actions and behavior - both corporate and individual. The core values will guide IED's daily work both internally and externally. The core values are:
- Integrity–undertake all engagements with the highest level of professional integrity.
- Communication–be open and honest in all aspects of communication to promote transparency in all IED undertakings.
- Innovation–Be innovative and embrace continuous improvement in all services delivery engagements.
- Diligence–be diligent in all our engagements and discharge of duties with genuine passion and dedication
- Results focus–be results-oriented in the discharge of all duties.
- Teamwork–uphold teamwork and collaboration in order to realize the synergies of working together.
- Respect–always treat people with utmost respect and courtesy.
- Diversity-always embracing people irrespective of their culture, tribe, gender, status and religion