Finance and Administration is an institutional support programme that works very closely with and supports the Strategic Leadership programme in strengthening the institutional capacity of IED to be able to effectively fulfill its mandate. The Programme also supports the other core programmes at IED in projects design, resource mobilization, implementation, monitoring and reporting. The department therefore envisages prudent management and administration, effective financial and human resource management and efficient logistical support at IED.
The mandate of Finance and Administration Programme is to strengthen the management and stewardship of resources and provide functional, efficient and effective administrative, logistical and operational support.
- To enhance and maintain appropriate financial management systems and procedures
- To facilitate and sustain responsive and efficient office operations
- To maintain secure and safe working environment.
- Preparation of DFID (Makueni County Senatorial By-Election), UNDP Amkeni Wakenya and Uraia Financial Reports
- Preparation for the 2014 – 2018 Strategic Planning Process(Hotel bookings, transport and materials procurement, etc)
- Implementation of external and internal auditors recommendations
COMPLETED PROJECTS IN 2013.
- Audit of institutional financial statements for the financial year 2012
- Internal audit for the first 5 months of the year 2013
- Audit of AusAID and DFID project grants
- Financial Reporting for the DFID (Audit of Voters Register Project) grant
- Final Financial reporting and closure of the NDI grant No. 13-11540-KEN.0-1 1127 and DSW grant No. 2010-301170-04